2013 Traineeship opportunity with the UNITAR Climate Change Programme
The UNITAR Climate Change Programme/UN CC:Learn Secretariat offers a traineeship programme for young professionals or recent post-graduate university students who are interested in strengthening their knowledge in the area of climate change and gaining practical experience in an international organization. Qualified applicants interested to work for a minimum period of four months on a full-time basis at UNITAR headquarters in Geneva are invited to submit their applications by 30 June 2013.
UNITAR’s Climate Change Programme (CCP) develops methodologies, executes training, supports learning strategies, and facilitates knowledge-sharing with the goal to strengthen capacities in developing countries to implement the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and to advance a green, low emission and climate resilient transition. The Programme also hosts the Secretariat for UN CC:Learn, the UN Training Service Platform on Climate Change (www.uncclearn.org).
The trainee will support a variety of climate change capacity development projects. Specific tasks will include:
- Support the enhancement and maintenance of the UN CC:Learn knowledge management platform
- Provide support to the preparation of the UN CC:Learn Steering Group Meeting and other UN CC:Learn events
- Support development of learning packages on climate change
- Support preparation of a training needs assessment in the area of climate public expenditure/budgeting
- Provide project preparation support for an international programme on National Adaptation Plans (NAPs) for Least Developed Countries (LDCs)
- Assist with translations from English to Spanish/French
- Support the daily activities of the Climate Change Programme, as required.
Applicants should have an advanced degree in a relevant subject (e.g. environmental studies, political science, instructional design) and a solid understanding of climate change governance and capacity development. Applicants must have completed their higher education in order to be eligible to apply.
The trainee should possess good research skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to draft texts in a clear and concise style. He/she should be able to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Fluency in oral and written English; sound knowledge of Spanish and/or French is an advantage.
Duration of Traineeship
The duration of the traineeship is at least four months on a full-time basis. The indicative start date is 15 July 2013.
Trainees are considered gratis personnel. They are not staff members and shall not represent the Institute in any official capacity.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of motivation (no longer than one page) as well as a CV by 30 June 2013 to: email@example.com (subject line: “Traineeship”).
07 Apr 2014
03 Apr 2014
30 Mar 2014
- 1 of 186