Principle 10 National Profile and Action Plan Project in Honduras
The Secretary of State of Natural Resources and the Environment of Honduras signed a Memorandum of Agreement concerning the project “Preparing a National Profile and Action Plan on the Implementation of Principle 10 of the Rio Declaration” in March of 2007.
The National Project Coordinator was Ms. Patricia Brocatto, Director of International Cooperation with Mrs. Carolina Bocanegra serving as focal point. A National Coordinating Team was established to guide and oversee the project implementation. In 2011, the SERNA continued its work on Principle 10 under the leadership of Ms. Irina H. Pineda, Director of External Cooperation and Resource Mobilization.
National Planning Workshop
- Development of a national strategy to manage and disseminate environmental information, including effective provision of information at both provincial and local levels
- Implementation of training programmes to strengthen capacities of government officials on stakeholder involvement design and implementation
- Implementation of a training programme to strengthen institutional capacities of the judiciary (judges and prosecutors) on environmental law at sub-national and local levels
- Strengthening legal criminal systems in order to provide effective channels and opportunities of the public to access justice
- Strengthening capacities of the public (i.e. NGOs, local communities and indigenous groups) to: enhance knowledge about legal provisions on access to information, public participation and access to justice; participate more effectively in environmental decision-processes; and access courts when rights are infringed.
- National Planning Workshop report
- National Profile 2008
- National Profile 2011
- National Priority Setting Workshop report
- Action Plan 2009-2012
- Third National Environmental Governance Workshop report
- Action Plan 2011-2014
- Executive Summary
10 Jul 2014
08 Jul 2014
25 Jun 2014
17 Jun 2014