China Aid Training Course III: Seminar on Information Security Regulation and Management
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 4 June 2014
Information represents an asset for any organization. Managing sensitive information and ensuring that it remains secure is key for companies and governments alike. Information security involves people, processes, IT systems and management processes. Training on information security and management systems is much needed, as it will translate into better businesses and more efficient public sectors.
This seminar will facilitate approaches for building secure informatization infrastructure in cities. It aims to promote knowledge exchange on management methods, laws and regulations related to information security, and to foster cooperation among developing countries.
- Recognize the significance of information security
- Increase the capability of information risk control
- Increase the efficiency of information management
- Upgrade the safety and reliability of information management systems
Content and Structure
The seminar will include lectures and presentations on the following key topics:
- Strategic management of information security
- Policy, law and regulations on information security
- Information security management systems
- International internet security management
- Information security standards
- Information security crisis and emergency management
- Principles and practices of Information assurance
- Information security assessment
- Information security standard
- Ethics and norms
Through integration of thematic lectures, special subjects, open discussions and on site investigation, participants will be introduced to Shanghai’s achievements in the area of law and regulation of information security, while also learning about advanced experiences on information security and law formulation from around the world.
Senior government officials working in the field of information security from African French Speaking countries including Benin, Burundi, Togo, Congo, Guinea, Gabon, Cote d'Ivoire, Mali, Republic of Senegal, Chad, Burkina Faso, Equatorial Guinea, Comorin, Mauritania, Algeria, Tunisia, and Guinea-Bissau.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery