CIFAL Shanghai: Course on Information Security Technology for Developing Countries
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
With the integrated application of IT services, information and communications technology (ICT) has become the basis and lifeline of a country’s national and local economy. Information systems are growing in popularity and importance in all areas national economies and our daily life. With the increasing dependence on information systems, information security issues are also increasingly serious. They are concerning a variety of users including enterprises, organizations, government departments and agencies. Preparing local governments and technical staff to meet the needs information security and safety in e-governance and ICT services can be a key priority and need for many governments.
The objective of this 56 day course is to train and develop Information Security professionals with have in-depth knowledge of the latest trends in the field of information security from their home country and abroad.
Participants will be expected to:
- Analyse and discuss information security systems;
- Define the concepts of hierarchical protection,
- Review ISO27001 systems management
- Compare and contrast methods of network risk assessment; and
- Apply processes for using knowledge management to improve building the information security systems within organizations.
Content and Structure
- Safety organization: structure and security standards;
- Security system overview and systems construction;
- Review of information security management systems;
- Security systems implementation methods;
- Hierarchical protection foundational knowledge;
- Safety planning case studies;
- Security service systems;
- Network security risk assessment;
- ISO27001 management system;
- ISMS management system.
This workshop will be delivered through a series of expert lectures, team discussions, site visits, applied exercises, reflection assignments and case study development.
- Chief Information Officer and Chief Security Officer from governments and enterprises; information systems or network administrators; network/security system integrators; telecommunications providers, ISP and ICP; finance/securities service providers; related network maintenance personnel and IT personnel who interested in network information security.
- Group training: department of information management; information audit department; IT team of enterprises, governments, institutions.
Specific Certificate issued by the the P. R. of China's Ministry of Commerce.
Participants are eligible to apply through Chinese Embassies/Consulates only if holding redsidence and/or citizenship from following countries: Pakistan, Philippines, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Vietnam, Palestine, Jordan, Ethiopia, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Uganda, Antigua And Barbuda, Cuba, Jamaica, Fiji, Micronesia, Albania, Macedonia, Serbia
1-2 participants each country
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery