Conflict Resolution [PTP.2012.18E]
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 30 May 2012
- Define the concept of conflict resolution;
- Describe different strategies to address the causes of conflicts;
- Define the role of conflict resolution in the framework of peace operations;
- Discuss the impact and limits of conflict resolution.
Content and Structure
- Module 1: Introduction to conflict resolution
- Module 2: Perspectives and methods in conflict resolution
- Module 3: Key issues in conflict resolution
- Module 4: Conflict resolution and peace operations
- Module 5: Lessons learned
In each module, the interactive learning components are introducing the key points and provide background information. Activities such as research, reflection and case studies allow participants to apply the knowledge acquired through the lessons. Discussions are organized for participants in order to facilitate collective knowledge construction and sharing of experiences.
Please note that UNITAR PTP fellowships are awarded only to a small numbers of applicants from the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and are not differed or transferred to another course. You might wish to refer the UN-OHRLLS list by clicking here.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery