ENDA Staff Training on Mainstreaming Climate Change
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
This event is organized as part of the project Capacity Development for Adaptation to Climate Change & GHG Mitigation in Non-Annex I Countries (C3D+) which seeks to improve the capacity of research and training institutions in developing countries to support climate change adaptation and mitigation action.
This workshop provides an opportunity to initiate mainstreaming climate change into various work programs of various Environnement et Développement du Tiers Monde (ENDA)'s entities. It also provided guidance to these researchers and practitioners to be able to implement a participatory climate vulnerability assessment that can inform adaptation choices at the community level. In attaining the specific objectives of this workshop, participants were equipped to:
- Understand project study areas; identify available resources and their geographical distribution as well as identifying of key factors that shape biophysical resources in a project site;
- Identify and understand available capacities, skills and assets in a case study area;
- Explore climate related events in the past and coping strategies used;
- Identify and understand current climate and environmental related hazards that shapes vulnerability in case study areas;
- Understand local perceptions on the climate change phenomenon;
- Lead vulnerable populations to make adaptation plans; and
- Better understand different adaptation options that can be prioritized.
The C3D+ project brings together nine organizations located in developing countries from Africa, Asia, Europe, the Pacific and the Caribbean, to collectively form a knowledge and capacity development network, where each centre contributes its specialized experience to develop and apply tools and methodologies to support decision-making for climate change adaptation and mitigation.
The project is coordinated by the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) with financial support provided by the European Commission and the Austrian Development Agency. Supplementary resources are provided by the Government of Switzerland to UNITAR for climate change capacity development activities.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery