CIFAL Atlanta- Airports and Economic Development: Latin America and the Carribbean
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
In a globalized economy, airports have become critical economic growth engines at national, regional and local levels. The quality of services and competitiveness of airports have a strong impact on surrounding regional economies. Enhancing the connectivity, quality of services and competitiveness of airports can create jobs and spur the economic growth of the surrounding region. Cooperation and coordination between central government, local government, airport management and the business community in the form of public private partnerships are key factors of success for economic development initiatives that position airports as optimal city and country gateways, air cargo hubs, and business zones.
Objetivos del Evento
- Provide training to airport authorities and business executives to strengthen their capacity to leverage airport infrastructures for economic development.
- Increase the professional knowledge and capabilities of airport management staff to improve the performance of airports in mazimizing non-aeronautical revenues and generate economic growth.
- Provide a venue to discuss innovative strategies to position airports as engines for economic growth and job creation.
- Foster public-private partnerships.
- Strengthen cooperation and knowledge sharing amongst airports from Latin America and the Caribbean.
Contenido y Estructura
This three-day seminar aim to facilitate the creation of viable regional and global partnerships which will be obtained through high level discussions, training sessions, demonstrations, tours, and site visits.
- Cabinet members such as ministers of transportation, public works and tourism
- Directors of Civil Aviation Authorities
- Airport managers
- Private sector representatives
- Airport technology industry leaders
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)