CIFAL Jeju - Capacity Building Workshop on Sustainable Waste Management in the Asia-Pacific Region
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
Deadline for application: 16 Mayo 2014
There are two key dynamics confronting local authorities in developing countries today: increasing decentralization and growing urbanization, now coupled with pressures for greener growth. A transversal theme that can address the challenges while ensuring local actors to accumulate the knowledge, skills, and technologies for making green cities, is the strengthening of governance through effective capacity development.
Objetivos del Evento
This capacity building workshop while promoting the importance of effective waste management will provide:
i) An opportunity for countries in the Asia Pacific region to build capacities in waste management through eco-town concepts
ii) A platform to exchange in-depth learning from experts in waste management and to share good practices among participants
iii) A venue for country-to-country or city-to-city cooperation in formulating and implementing waste management strategies and action plans.
The overall objective of the workshop is to contribute to enhanced sustainable urban development and to promote eco-town model and Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) in developing countries in Asia-Pacific, particularly least developed countries.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
After completing the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand various models of eco-town
- Explore regional and local trends and good practices applicable in waste management.
- Apply UNITAR self-assessment tools to rate and compare each others’ waste management policies and strategies for their local implementation.
- Develop ISWM plans to transform cities in eco-towns.
Contenido y Estructura
The workshop includes the following components:
- Introduction of eco-town model and Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM)
- Applications of 3R (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle) and green growth concepts through ISWM Good practices and key case-studies of local governments from Asia-pacific
- Practical exercises to help participants to formulate ISWM plans to transform cities and towns into eco-towns
- High-level authorities and experts from local governments
- Representatives from NGO and community-based organizations
- Academic institutions
- Other local actors from Asia-pacific interested in the topic
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)