CIFAL Jeju: A Low-Carbon City - Green Growth for Local Governments in Asia-Pacific
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
- Exploring an ideal methodology as a practical means to achieve eco-efficiency― methodology covers wide ranges such as production system, technology development, pattern of energy use, tax reform, change in lifestyle, conservation of ecosystem, etc. How successfully eco-efficiency is being achieved depends on the type and quality of methodologies are applied.
- Development of indicators to measure progress on eco-efficiency― The outputs measured by key performance indicators (KPIs) enable us to evaluate the relative contribution of each methodology towards achieving eco-efficiency.
Objetivos del Evento
- To increase knowledge and awareness on Green Growth and Eco-Efficiency to enhance sustainable development in the region
- To identify key challenges and recognize best practices and lessons learned to implement a green growth strategy and low-carbon/eco-efficiency plans locally
- To have specific action plans for local implementation and follow-up of lessons learned (via city-to-city cooperation, awareness raising activities, inter-governmental coordination, and other practical implementation examples)
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
Upon completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Explain and summarize concepts of low-carbon, eco-efficiency, green growth, and related key topics
- Compare and contrast various success stories and lessons learned in achieving greener growth, eco-efficiency and low-carbon development at the local level
- Develop action plans to implement specific lessons learned and good practices
- Plan and design draft green growth strategies for the municipal level
Contenido y Estructura
- Overview on Green Growth, Low-Carbon Cities, and Eco-Efficiency frameworks
- Introduction of Eco-Efficiency Indicators developed by UNESCAP
- Introduction of Policy Measures in Implementing Energy Efficiency
- Best Practices and Key Case Studies in the Implementation of Green Growth Policy Measures
- Presentations and Discussions
- Sharing Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- UNITAR CityShare Methodology (including action plan development)
- Site Visit
The Local Development Programme of UNITAR will use its CITYSHARE methodology during the workshop.
The CityShare methodology aims at optimizing peer learning between local officials. It consists of various processes of self-assessment, distillation and transmission of experiences and good practices. It is also composed of several tools which provide a common framework for the evaluation of experiences made by the participating cities and offer a common language for the exchange and assimilation of the experiences, as well as a roadmap for action and progress.
High-Level Authorities and Experts from Local Governments, Representatives from NGO and Community-Based Organizations, Academic Institutions, and other Local Actors within the Asia-Pacific Region.
Sponsorship is available, especially for participants from Least Developed Countries (LDCs).
Contact Minji.email@example.com (CIFAL Jeju) for more information on sponsorship and application.
- Letter of Nomination
- Letter of Commitment
- Curriculum Vitae
- Submission of case study (based on local experience in green growth - see detailed application form for more guidance at www.CIFALjeju.org)
CIFAL Jeju is part of the UNITAR network of ten training centres for local governments and local actors across the globe known as The CIFAL Network. Founded in 2002, under the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) and Local Agenda 21, the network of training centres focuses on regional and specific capacity development and learning needs of local governments in the areas of sustainable municipal development. Each CIFAL is established through local and regional partnerships with key public, private and civil society institutions to build regional expertise in good practices for sustainable municipal development. Given Jeju Special Self-Governing Province's models in decentralisation, localising green growth, and peace and security, CIFAL Jeju specialises in training Asia-Pacific local authorities on topics of localising green growth and ensuring human security in an urban context. The CIFAL hosts over six trainings each year on these topics. For more information see: www.CIFALJeju.org
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)