E-tutorial on the Post-2015 Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 30 Marzo 2015
The new DRR Framework for Action to be adopted in March 2015 will be the outcome of a process unfolding over two years including a variety of stakeholders and several on-line, regional and thematic consultations. These consultations help build consensus but also bring to the fore new issues that have to be discussed and agreed during the Preparatory Committee Meetings and ultimately at the Sendai World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.
The challenge for diplomats and experts acting as delegates is to maintain a fair appraisal of the key issues being discussed while remaining up-to-date on the current process and the forthcoming deadlines and events. This online tutorial aims to contribute to establishing a levelled playing field for all actors involved, thus facilitating in a transparent and impartial way the discussion and adoption of the new Framework.
This initiative is undertaken in consultation with the SRSG for Disaster Reduction and in collaboration with the United Nations Office for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR).
Objetivos del Evento
This initiative has the goal of creating a level playing field for all actors involved, ensuring a minimum standard of understanding of the main issues by all concerned and a common starting point for the negotiation of the outcome document to be adopted in Sendai. This is done with the intention of supporting the process leading to the World Conference in Sendai and facilitating the adoption of the new DRR framework for action.
By the end of this tutorial, participants will be able to:
- Define disaster risk reduction and its essential components;
- Outline the main features of past DRR international agreements and HFA;
- Understand the structure of HFA and its implementation and review process;
- Understand the process leading to the Third UN WCDRR and the variety of stakeholders involved;
- Assess the relation between the new framework for DRR, the Post-2015 Development Agenda, and climate change.
Contenido y Estructura
The tutorial is structured in 4 modules that require a total learning time of 3 hours in one or various sessions:
1. Disaster Risk Reduction and its essential components.
2. Evolution of the DRR agenda and the Hyogo Framework for Action.
3. Coherence between DRR, development and climate change.
4. A delegates' guide to the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction.
The tutorial will be updated with special modules on emerging areas of interest for the new framework, such as:
- Science and climate prediction for reducing risks;
- DRR and agriculture;
- DRR and health;
- Women's leadership in DRR;
- Private sector involvement and business;
- Responsibility and accountability in the new framework.
The E-tutorial is designed for delegates and experts participating in the preparatory process of the Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR, Japan, March 2015) and in the Conference itself. The tutorial is also open to government officers in ministries involved in the process towards the World Conference.
The approximate time to complete the tutorial is about 3 hours.
The modules can be accessed as many times as needed, and will be available until 31 March 2015.
A certificate of participation will be issued to participants who complete modules 1 to 4. Because this tutorial does not include assessment tests, to obtain the certificate participants have to access and go through all slides of modules 1 to 4 and complete a short feedback questionnaire available on the tutorial main page (the average time for completing the questionnaire is about 3 minutes).
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)