Global Financial Governance (2013)
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The essence of international financial governance consists of providing support to the international monetary system that is predictable and stable and that facilitates payments for international economic transactions. It also involves oversight of the international financial system with a view to protecting the interests of savers and investors around the world and allocate credit efficiently and fairly amongst all potential borrowers. This compact and self contained course will allow participants to gain a good understanding of the institutional arrangements underlying international financial governance by providing an understanding of the framework, general principles and arrangements for regulation of the global financial system. The latter part of the course will examine the question of reforming global financial governance and shed light on the current problems and challenges facing institutions of international financial governance. The practical online discussions, an integral part of this course, will allow participants to obtain a holistic understanding of the issue of global financial governance in a short span of time.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Identify the key institutions involved in global financial governance and discuss their respective structures and regulatory functions within the global financial system;
- Recognize the challenges put forward to the international community by the current nomenclature of global financial governance;
- Examine the impact the current arrangements for international financial governance have on different categories of countries and on different regions;
- Identify an intellectual framework to evaluate the current arrangements for international financial governance and any proposals for changing these arrangements; and
- Propose reforms in the global financial governance.
Contenido y Estructura
The course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: The Institutions in Global Financial Governance: Regulating the Global Financial System
- Module 2: The Institutions in Global Financial Governance: Development Financing
- Module 3: Reforming Global Financial Governance
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
The intended audience includes includes public and private sector officials and policy makers from developing and developed countries.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
Recommended hardware and software requirements for taking our e-learning courses:
- Platform: Windows XP sp3, Vista sp2, Windows 7 sp1, MacOS X.
- Hardware: 2 GB of RAM and higher for Vista and Windows 7.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader (downloadable for free at adobe.com).
- Browser: Internet Explorer 8 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 8 or higher.
- Internet connection: 128kbps and higher.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)