Good governance and peacebuilding - Pilot [PTP.2013.03F]
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Event focal point Contact Number:
Otros detalles del evento:
Good governance lays at the foundation of stabilization and rebuilding processes in war-torn societies. International standards of good governance are only emerging, but at least the following indicators are widely shared: public accountability, transparency and institutional quality. Good governance refers to these measurable dimensions and it is assessed against qualitative and quantitative components. Enhancing good governance requires not only institutional capacity, but also knowledge and understanding of the roles of different factors and actors within a country.
Objetivos del Evento
The goal of this course is to provide participants with an overview of the strategic goals of good governance and insights on how to promote it in war-torn societies.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
- Identify global and local conditions for good governance and relate them to a crisis-affected society;
- Discuss the applicability of such conditions to improve the effectiveness of interventions;
- Situate such conditions in the larger context of institution recovery/rebuilding and good governance.
Contenido y Estructura
- Module 1: Dynamics of state formation and crisis-affected societies.
- Module 2: Good governance.
- Module 3: Capacity building and enhancing impact.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)