International Players in Public Finance and Debt Management (2014)
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 5 Septiembre 2014
This UNITAR online course aims at developing awareness and understanding of organizations which operate internationally as well as regionally in dealing with finance and debt management issues. The course will focus primarily on the institutions which are important sources of development finance and provide policy advice to governments of developing and least developed countries in their financial matters. Using an approach grounded in institutional analysis and political economy, the course will give participants a thorough understanding of the institutional structure, purpose and functions of these different institutions together with their achievements and latest initiatives.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• Explain the background and functions of the World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund;
• Distinguish the roles of the Bank of International Settlements from that of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) ; and
• Evaluate the respective parts of UNITAR, UNCTAD, and UNDP as international players in public finance and debt management.
Contenido y Estructura
The course consists of the following modules:
• Module 1: The World Bank Group and the International Monetary Fund
• Module 2: The Bank of International Settlements and the Organisation of Economic Cooperation and Development
• Module 3: The United Nations Institute for Training and Research and the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
• Module 4: The United Nations Development Programme
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
This course is designed for professionals working on sovereign debts, researchers, public finance managers, central bankers, officials from ministries of finance and other finance sector officials. In addition, officials from civil society organizations will also find this course instructive.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)