Introduction to Peace Operations [PTP.2014.06E]
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 12 Febrero 2014
Peacekeeping is one of the many tools employed by the United Nations and other international organizations to help address diverse threats to international peace and security. Since its inception, peacekeeping has contributed to preventing and managing violent conflict between and within States and to the support of national actors in protecting and building peace after conflict. Today, with over 116,000 personnel deployed in 15 missions, the scale of the United Nations’ involvement in peacekeeping operations is unprecedented and the diversity of mission mandates has the diversity of mission mandates requires the UN to deliver on an ever-increasing number of tasks.
Objetivos del Evento
The goal of this course is to review the organization of peacekeeping operations by providing an overview of the framework in which they are developed, studying their overall structure, and discussing the roles and responsibilities of the different actors involved.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
- Define the framework of UN peacekeeping operations;
- Explain the procedures for the establishment of a UN peacekeeping operation;
- Analyze the key factors that enable the effective implementation of an operation's mandate;
- Summarize key standards of conduct and discipline for UN peacekeepers.
Contenido y Estructura
- Module 1: Overview of a UN peacekeeping operation
- Module 2: Establishment and functioning of a UN peace operation
- Module 3: Effective mandate implementation
- Module 4: Standards and values of UN peacekeepers
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X.
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (download for free at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
- Adobe Flash Player (download for free at http:/get.adobe.com/flashplayer)
- Microsoft Office (Windows or Apple version) or Open Office (download for free at http://www.openoffice.org )
- Modem: 56 K
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)