Introduction to security sector reform [PTP.2013.01E]
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 20 Diciembre 2013
Objetivos del Evento
The goal of the course is to offer an overview of the concept of SSR, highlight the key SSR actors and their roles and outline the implementation of SSR programmes.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define security sector reform;
- List the key SSR actors and describe their roles and responsibilities;
- Outline the implementation of SSR programmes.
Contenido y Estructura
- Lesson 1: Introduction to the concept of SSR
- Lesson 2: Understanding the SSR context
- Lesson 3: Key actors and coordination of SSR processes
- Lesson 4: International support to an SSR process
- Have a sound understanding of the structure and functioning of a peace operation;
- Have a university degree in a relevant area with proven interest in security sector reform (BA or equivalent) or the equivalent working experience in a relevant field (2 to 4 years);
- Have good command of English language (reading and writing);
- Be computer literate.
The course is based on level one "Introduction to Security Sector Reform" course developed by the International Security Sector Advisory Team (ISSAT).
UNITAR recommends the following as a minimum in hardware and software to take our e-Learning courses. Please consult your Network Administrator or Systems person to ensure that you have the following:
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (click here to download for free); it works better with Firefox 3.6 or higher (click here to download for free)
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)