Leadership, team work and team management [PTP.2013.07E]
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 2 Enero 2013
The unique working environment of peace operations requires a specific set of skills and knowledge for successful mandate’s implementation. The mission’s structure involves the cooperation of many individuals that come from a variety of cultural, political, religious and educational backgrounds. Despite the broad range of personalities involved in a peace operation, all individuals work towards a common goal. To achieve an efficient and productive collaborative effort, leadership, team work and team management skills are essential.
Objetivos del Evento
The goal of this course is to provide participants with an overview of theories and practices related to leadership, teamwork and team management, applicable to the specific context of a peace operation.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Apply theories of leadership and team management in the context of a peace operation;
- Summarize features of effective leadership;
- Utilize techniques for effective team building and team work;
- Identify personal strengths as a leader and the areas of potential development;
- Apply conflict management and problem solving skills.
Contenido y Estructura
The course is composed of four modules that will be covered over four weeks:
- Module 1: Introduction to management
- Module 2: Effective leadership
- Module 3: Team building, team management and team work
- Module 4: Problem diagnosing and problem solving
- Have a sound understanding of the structure and functioning of a peace operation;
- Have a university degree in a relevant area with proven interest in the specific topic covered by the course (BA or equivalent) or the equivalent working experience in a relevant field (2 to 4 years);
- Have good command of English language (reading and writing);
- Be computer literate.
Please note that UNITAR PTP fellowships are awarded only to a small numbers of applicants from the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and are not differed or transferred to another course. You might wish to refer the UN-OHRLLS list by clicking here.
UNITAR recommends the following as a minimum in hardware and software to take our e-Learning courses. Please consult your Network Administrator or Systems person to ensure that you have the following:
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (click here to download for free); it works better with Firefox 3.6 or higher (click here to download for free)
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)