Natural Resources Management in Post-Conflict Countries [PTP.2012.24E]
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 4 Julio 2012
Objetivos del Evento
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
- Describe how natural resources can contribute to or prolong conflict as well as undermine peace;
- Identify the principles for effective post-conflict natural resources management;
- Relate natural resources management to other post-conflict stabilization and state building interventions;
- Explain how peacekeeping missions can benefit from green technologies and practices for water, energy and waste.
Contenido y Estructura
- Module 1: From conflict to peacebuilding: the role of natural resources and the environment
- Module 2: Dealing with conflict resources: getting mandates, monitoring and management right
- Module 3: More effective community recovery programmes: capitalizing on natural resource opportunities
- Module 4: A lighter footprint: increasing the self-reliance and reducing the impact of peace operations
In order to facilitate collective knowledge construction and experience sharing among the participants, learners take part in active discussions with their peers.
Facilitators guide participants through this process, delivering and conveying information, clarifying doubts and supporting participants through different activities.
Please note that UNITAR PTP fellowships are awarded only to a small numbers of applicants from the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and are not differed or transferred to another course. You might wish to refer the UN-OHRLLS list by clicking here.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)