UNITAR Executive Workshop II - Nanotechnology and Manufactured Nanomaterials: Addressing Risks and Benefits
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Nanotechnology—the science of the small—is becoming a significant priority in the policy agendas of many countries. Nanotechnology refers to a range of new technologies that aim to manipulate individual atoms and molecules in order to create new products and processes; for example, computers that fit on the head of a pin or structures that are built from the bottom up, atom by atom. This UNITAR/UNU-IAS co-organized Executive Workshop will discuss nanotechnology and manufactured nanomaterials from both international and national perspectives.
Objetivos del Evento
As part of UNITAR Hiroshima's community outreach programme, these Executive Workshops aim at exposing participants to cutting-edge discussion on global topics, with a focus on Japan.
Contenido y Estructura
- Govindan Parayil, Vice Rector, UNU / Director, UNU-Institute of Advanced Studies
- Alex Mejia, Head, UNITAR Hiroshima Office
- Craig Boljkovac, Manager, Chemicals and Waste Management Programme, UNITAR, and current Chair of the IOMC
and their applications
- Craig Boljkovac, UNITAR
and their applications
- Brandon Turner, Senior Specialist, Chemicals and Waste Management Programme, UNITAR
- Brandon Turner, UNITAR
- Shuji Tamura, Deputy Director, Chemical Management Policy Division, Manufacturing Industries Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan
- Masayuki Koiwa, Deputy Director of Environmental Health/Safety Division, Ministry of the Environment, Japan
- Taihei Tanaka, Deputy Director, Office of Chemical Safety, Pharmaceutical and Food Safety Bureau, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare
This Executive Workshop is targeted at members of Japan's business and scientific communities as well as interested members of NGOs, Academia and Civil Society.
This Executive Workshop will be presented in English/Japanese with consecutive translation to Japanese where applicable.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)