Post-2015 Development Orientation Briefing II: Key Conceptual Issues (New York)
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Event focal point Contact Number:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 4 Marzo 2014
Given the complexity and importance of the process to develop the post-2015 development agenda, UNITAR will be organizing a series of technical briefings, starting mid-February 2014 and continuing until September 2014, when intergovernmental consultations on the agenda are to start. The goal is to enable participants to fully familiarize themselves with the process, progress and key outcomes of ongoing discussions between Member States. These briefings will also provide an opportunity to look at some of those aspects on which delegates feel there is insufficient information and/or where they would like to have a more in-depth analysis.
The Session 2 will focus on the key conceptual issues of the post-2015 Development Agenda. It will take place from 15:00 to 18:00 on 5 March.
Objetivos del Evento
The overall goal of the Series is to strengthen knowledge for evidence-based decision making in the formulation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, and, more specifically,
- Assist participants to access the most up-to-date and essential information coming from the numerous processes that will contribute to the Post-2015 agenda, and key outcomes of ongoing Member States’ discussions in various fora, as well as allowing newly arrived delegates to ‘catch up’;
- Provide a dynamic and interactive space where delegates can exchange views on the Post-2015 development agenda and have a more in-depth discussion, as needed.
The Module 2 will focus on the key conceptual issues of the post-2015 Development Agenda.
The learning objectives of the Module 2
After completing the module, participants should be able to:
- Discern the different political agendas behind various technical proposals;
- Assess correctly the implications of the choice of particular formulations of targets or the selection of specific indicators;
- Identify key aspects for designing a global agenda that is fit for purpose.
As a follow-up to the module, participants should be able to have increased “confidence” in:
- Applying the acquired information when engaging in the debate regarding the so-called technical aspects of the Post-2015 Agenda that also have political significance;
- Evaluating opportunities for influencing the so-called technical aspects of the debate about the Post-2015 Agenda.
Contenido y Estructura
Part 1. Technical aspects in designing the Post-2015 Agenda:
1.1 What should the new time horizon be?
1.2 What level of ambition should the Post-2015 Agenda aim for?
1.3 Should the new agenda be formulated as a narrative or as a list of targets?
1.4 Are global targets about ultimate ends or also about the means for reaching them?
1.5 Should the Post-2015 Agenda be global or universal in nature?
1.6 How do global goals relate to national targets?
1.7 What are the options for structuring the new agenda?
1.8 What benchmarks are best used for global target setting?
1.9 How to integrate cross-cutting issues in the Post-2015 Agenda, particularly inequalities and human rights?
1.10 How to integrate the three dimensions of sustainable development into one agenda?
Part 2. How to pursue the goal of ‘Global Partnership for Development’?
This “catch-up” module will consist of one face-to-face briefing session that will feature presentations by resource persons followed by a Q&A session and an interactive discussion between the session participants. The session will aim to create a space for peer-to-peer learning and to promote an exchange of views among members of delegations. An online resource platform will also be available to support the learning experience.
Members of Delegations, other government representatives at the United Nations who would like to improve their knowledge of and access to the most-up-to-date information of the intergovernmental process.
The event is free and open to the delegates to the United Nations. Prior registration is required.
For more information: www.unitar.org/post2015briefing
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)