Post-2015 Development Orientation Briefing III: Results Framework (New York)
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Event focal point Contact Number:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 5 Marzo 2014
Given the complexity and importance of the process to develop the post-2015 development agenda, UNITAR will be organizing a series of technical briefings, starting mid-February 2014 and continuing until September 2014, when intergovernmental consultations on the agenda are to start. The goal is to enable participants to fully familiarize themselves with the process, progress and key outcomes of ongoing discussions between Member States. These briefings will also provide an opportunity to look at some of those aspects on which delegates feel there is insufficient information and/or where they would like to have a more in-depth analysis.
The Session 3 will focus on the results framework in the context of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, and will take place from 11:00 to 13:00 on 6 March.
Objetivos del Evento
Strengthen knowledge for evidence-based decision making in the formulation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, and, more specifically,
- Assist participants to access the most up-to-date and essential information coming from the numerous processes that will contribute to the Post-2015 agenda, and key outcomes of ongoing Member States’ discussions in various fora, as well as allowing newly arrived delegates to ‘catch up’;
- Provide a dynamic and interactive space where delegates can exchange views on the Post-2015 development agenda and have a more in-depth discussion, as needed.
The Session 3 will focus on the results framework in the context of the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
The learning objectives of the Module 3
After completing the module, participants should be able to:
- Place the Post-2015 process in perspective, based on a good understanding of the historical context in which the MDGs emerged;
- Set straight some of the misconceptions that have emerged over time about the meaning of the MDGs;
- Identify key aspects for designing a successful global agenda beyond 2015.
As a follow-up to the module, participants should be able to have increased “confidence” in:
- Applying the acquired information about the elements of an effective results framework to the current debate on the Post-2015 Agenda when supporting their country’s participation in consultative and negotiation processes;
- Evaluating opportunities for influencing the ongoing debate, with a view to enhancing the chances for reaching an outcome that is fit for purpose.
Contenido y Estructura
Part 1. The Millennium Development Goals: origins, success, and lessons learned
1.1 How did the MDGs come into existence? What was the historical context? What was their purpose?
1.2 How did the MDGs succeed in mobilizing so many actors around the world? What is their DNA?
Part 2. The importance of goals setting and main elements of a successful results framework
2.1 What is the usefulness of global target setting? What have we learnt from the MDGs?
2.2 What is a results framework? Why is it important? What are the main elements?
Part 3. The Millennium Development Goals and the Post-2015 Agenda
3.1 What are the similarities and differences between the MDGs and the Post-2015 Agenda?
This “catch-up” module will consist of one face-to-face briefing session that will feature presentations by resource persons followed by a Q&A session and an interactive discussion between the session participants. The session will aim to create a space for peer-to-peer learning and to promote an exchange of views among members of delegations. An online resource platform will also be available to support the learning experience.
Members of Delegations, other government representatives at the United Nations who would like to improve their knowledge of and access to the most-up-to-date information of the intergovernmental process.
The event is free and open to the delegates to the United Nations. Prior registration is required.
For more information: www.unitar.org/post2015briefing
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)