Post-2015 Development Orientation and Briefing Programme VII Geneva
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 22 Mayo 2014
Given the complexity and number of processes that will contribute to the development of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is organizing a series of interactive technical briefings for members of delegations, other government officials and a limited number of international civil servants at the Palais des Nations in Geneva. The overall objective of the briefings is to strengthen knowledge for evidence-based decision making in the formulation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda to be agreed by Member States in September 2015.
Objetivos del Evento
The series will feature around 10 different sessions, and will
- Assist participants to access the most up-to-date and essential information coming from the numerous processes that will contribute to the Post-2015 agenda, and key outcomes of ongoing Member States’ discussions in various fora, as well as allowing newly arrived delegates to ‘catch up’;
- Provide a dynamic and interactive space where delegates can exchange views on the Post-2015 development agenda and have a more in-depth discussion, as needed.
The briefings will be facilitated by prominent experts and involve peer-to-peer learning and active involvement of members of delegations. An online resource platform will also be available to support the learning experience.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
After completing the module, participants should be able to:
- Articulate the concepts of global partnership for development and means of implementation, and describe main lessons learned in this area from MDGs;
- Describe different means of implementation, including financing for development as well as other means with a special focus on trade, remittances, labour mobility and transfer of technology;
- Define the current state of the Post-2015 debate on the role of global partnership and means of implementation in the future development agenda.
As a follow-up to the module, participants should be able to have increased “confidence” in:
- Applying the acquired information on the current state of the Post-2015 debate on means of implementation,when conveying their country’s national perspectives;
- Evaluating opportunities for their country’s participation in various ongoing discussions, with a view to contributing to the process.
Contenido y Estructura
Briefing 7 "Means of Implementation"
1. From MDGs to Post-2015 agenda: means of implementation
- 1.1 Lessons learned from MDGs
- 1.2 Post-2015 processes and designing of means of implementation
- 1.3 Implementation issues as reflected in various Post-2015 reports
- 1.4 Taxonomy of means of implementation
2. Financial means of implementation
3. Other means of implementation
- 3.1 Trade in goods - export access and capacity (including Aid for Trade)
- 3.2 Other means of implementation
- 3.3 Means of implementation at the regional level
4. Other means of implementation
- 4.1 Overseas remittances
- 4.2 Labour mobility
5. Other means of implementation
- 5.1 Transfer of technology
6. Global partnership and means of implementation
- Mr. Martin Khor, Executive Director of the South Centre
- Mr. Debapriya Bhattacharya, Distinguished Fellow at the Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD) Dhaka, former Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the WTO and UN Offices of Geneva and Vienna, former Chair of UNCTAD Governing Board and former Special Advisor on LDCs to UNCTAD Secretary-General
- Mr. Lars Lonnback, Senior Migration Officer, IOM
Members of Delegations and other government representatives at the United Nations who would like to improve their knowledge of and access to the most-up-to-date information of the intergovernmental process. A number of seats will be available for international civil servants to participate as observers provided they have received a confirmation of registration.
Date and Time: Thursday, 22 May 2014, 15:00-17:30
Venue:World Meteorological Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
The event is free and open to the delegates to the United Nations. Prior online registration is required.
For more information: www.unitar.org/post2015briefing
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)