Second GMG/KNOMAD Workshop on Learning - Educating in the 21st Century: Perfecting Learning on Capacity Development Projects
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
A well-respected academic was asked to define a “lecture” and humorously replied “the process by which lecture notes pass from lecturer to audience without passing through the brains of either”. This statement invites practitioners to reconsider our traditional approaches to learning. Learning (the use of information and knowledge) is one of the primary means employed to build capacity, often integral to the achievement of development goals. The business of adult learning is being reinvented in an information and technologies (ICTs)-driven world where individuals are active seekers of knowledge and are - dramatically in some cases - agents of change. As such, effective learning must focus on research and knowledge creation demanded and successfully applied by its end-users. More than ever we must master the learning cycle, the process by which knowledge is created, dynamically transferred, successfully acquired, and its impact tested over time.
Objetivos del Evento
This second GMG/KNOMAD Workshop on Learning is intended to:
- Share expertise from pre-eminent scholars and practitioners on how to effectively implement the learning cycle, including the relationship between learning and meeting capacity constraints;
- Critically assess existing and in development GMG/KNOMAD learning tools and capacity development activities undertaken by the GMG, GMG agencies, and KNOMAD community;
- Expose participants to new technologies that can support greater access and creative approaches to pedagogy;
- Enhance understanding of effective M&E techniques and reporting;
- Share insights on how to “capitalize without compromise” on the impact that open sources of knowledge and social media outlets can have on societal learning.
- Critically review the methodological approach to existing/in development knowledge products and capacity development projects of the GMG, GMG agencies, and KNOMAD community;
- Identify the principle tenets of a learning cycle and describe how these relate to knowledge products and capacity development activities;
- Describe how generic good practices in learning apply in the migration field;
- Outline a pedagogical approach that fosters effective learning.
The basis for this Workshop will be to have the GMG, GMG agencies, and KNOMAD community present the main methodological aspects relating to current or in development knowledge products and/or capacity development activities.
The Workshop will be facilitated by experts from UNITAR, American University and New York University. Projects will be presented by ITC-ILO, UNWomen, JMDI, ICMPD, the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP), and SDC/GIZ.
The GMG Workshop on Learning will be open to GMG focal points, members of GMG agencies, the KNOMAD community, governments and other interested parties who are engaged or interested in learning processes.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)