Training of Trainers on Climate Change
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The registration is closed
This course will aim to strengthen and build UNITAR’s pool of resource persons, who are able to effectively and efficiently deliver training upon demand in the field of climate change. The course will cover the skills and techniques needed to deliver training effectively, including sessions on presentation skills, understanding and appreciation of learning modes, and how to design, deliver, evaluate and assess training outcomes and impacts.
After the training participants may be contracted by UNITAR as resource persons for various training missions and/or activities in New York, online and in capitals around the world.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
The workshop’s objective will be to meet the demand for improved skills in climate change, and to strengthen and build a pool of capable and effective trainers in the field of climate change. Participants will gain an increased appreciation, confidence and knowledge of the skills needed in order to effectively deliver information related to climate change, such that they may be able to transfer this knowledge to local policy makers, nongovernmental organizations, and other key stakeholders, and contribute to future climate change training sessions and follow up (at the request of national governments in preparation for the climate change negotiations in 2012).
After participating in this workshop, the participants will be have gained the specific knowledge to:
• Identify personal learning styles ;
• Tailor training presentations and instructive practical exercises
• Enhance and assess effectiveness of own presentations;
• Provide and receive individual and group feedback;
• Discuss learning experiences and lessons learned.
The programme will be based on a participatory approach and include presentations, group exercises, activities and interactive discussions. Participants will receive a comprehensive set of reference and background material, including selected articles and other reference documents, copies of PowerPoint presentations, and other relevant materials.
The workshop is open to officials from Permanent Missions in New York, Government Ministries in capital, as well as specialists from the private sector, NGOs or academia. Applicants will ideally have the following:
- A degree in natural resources management/economics, environmental economics, environmental management, international relations or a closely related field.
- Professional work experience in the area of climate change, natural resource / environmental management, environmental governance, negotiation and/or regional or international environmental agreements.
- Experience of working with government agencies, NGOs, Civil Society, regional economic communities and other key stakeholders in environmental policy making.
- Previous work experience in training and/or capacity building would be an asset.
- Proficiency in English required.
Diplomats from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and developing countries are eligible for a fee waiver as part of the CDT fellowship scheme, although UNITAR will not cover any expenditure related to participants' costs such as accommodation, visa application, health insurance, travel and other expenditures related to the training.
Please contact the Multilateral Diplomacy Programme for more details by e-mail at: email@example.com or by phone at: +41 22 917 87 16 .
Registration will be closed as soon as the course is full, and your place will be secured on a first-come-first-served basis.
The 3 day workshop will take place in New York (venue to be announced) from the 6 – 8 June, 2012, in advance of the Rio+20 conference. The workshop will be led by specialists and managers from UNITAR’s Multilateral Diplomacy Programme in Geneva, and will be conducted in English. All participants will be provided with a set of materials, readings and resources at the start of the workshop. Participants who have followed the workshop in its entirety will be awarded a UNITAR course certificate.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)