UNITAR Fellowship for Afghanistan | 2012 Cycle
Duración del evento:
Event focal point email:
Otros detalles del evento:
The Fellowship is an annual eight-month long programme aiming at capacity building and enhancing the leadership, management and professional skills of a core group of senior government officials, academics and practitioners primarily from Afghanistan. Sharing Hiroshima's lessons in post-conflict reconstruction, the Fellowship discusses important themes such as organization development and change, project design and management, and human resource development/management.It has been held annually since 2003 and counts over 300 graduates in its alumni network.
Objetivos de Aprendizaje
The Fellowship’s two long-term objectives are:
- To support an Afghan cadre in the application of their increased knowledge, and confidence in the transformation of their respective ministries;
- To build a committed and highly capable Fellowship community in Afghanistan which can serve as a resource for planning and implementing capacity-building and training activities at the local and national levels.
Contenido y Estructura
Five workshops will be held during the 2012 Fellowship cycle, alternating with other training activities. In addition five on-line web-seminars will be offered as part of a module on human resource development and management. The Fellowship’s substantive topics are, in part, determined by the needs of the Fellows, but in general come from the following themes;
- Organization development and change;
- Project design and proposal writing;
- Project management and reporting;
- Accounting and budgeting;
- Leading and mentoring teams for development and change;
- Team-building and teamwork;
- Communication skills; and
- Strategic planning.
The Fellowship undertakes a combination of different training methods with a series of skill-building activities, such as on-site workshops and study-trips, Mentor/Coach/Fellow communication, team projects and distance learning activities.
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Modelo de Aprendizaje
- Cara a cara (presencial)