Economics of the Public Sector
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 12 Mai 2013
At the end of this course the participants should be able:
- To analyze and describe what communities expect of their respective countries’ economic systems – what, holistically, the key performance areas of any economy are.
- To describe the degree of legitimacy to which the state plays a role with regard to each of these key performance areas in their respective countries.
- To select and thus to formulate advice on the policy instruments at the disposal of the state in order to perform its legitimate role with regard to each of the key performance areas.
- To select and thus to formulate advice on the analytical techniques at the disposal of the state when decisions are taken with regard to undertaking major public sector projects of a capital expenditure nature.
- To describe and evaluate the principles underlying the devolution of power in countries where decentralised governments are constitutionally provided for.
Contenu et structure
This course runs over a period of six weeks comprising the following modules:
- Module 1: The key performance areas of an economy and the main failures and successes that occur in this regard.
- Module 2: The case for state intervention in respect of each of the four key performance areas and the choice of interventionist policy instruments.
- Module 3: An overview of the systems analyses techniques to evaluate public sector capital projects.
- Module 4: The Fundamentals of Taxation.
- Module 5: Fiscal Federalism: The economic rationale for decentralising government functions.
- Module 6: Fiscal Federalism: The economic principles underlying the constitutional devolution of powers to perform functions, fund such performing of functions through taxation and through public sector borrowing.
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
Junior to middle management public service officials, not only in government departments but also in government agencies such as parastatals. Central Bank officials at comparable staff levels would also benefit from this course.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who completed the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues