First annual G77 and China Geneva course for developing country negotiations:The strategic dimension of negotiations
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The registration is closed
The ministerial meeting of the Group of 77 and China held in April 2012 in Doha, Qatar, on the sidelines of UNCTAD XIII decided, inter alia, to institute an annual training course for negotiators from developing countries in order to better equip the Geneva Chapter of the Group of 77 and China to better coordinate in its work in Geneva especially in the context of the preparations for the 50th anniversaries of UNCTAD and of the Group of 77, as well as the chapter’s contribution to the substantive preparatory process for the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) review in 2015.
The course is intended to strengthen also the capacity of the broader Group of 77 and China by providing a clearer understanding of the complementarity of the work of the various chapters. The course is therefore open to capital-based officials, as well as negotiators of the other chapters of the Group.
The first course, to be held in Geneva on 19-20 November 2012, focuses on the strategic dimension of negotiations.
But(s) de l'évènement
The course aims to provide participants:
• a clearer understanding of the broader environment in which the Geneva Chapter’s work in UNCTAD takes place, including in the context of the various development-related processes in the United Nations system and other relevant forums;
• a clearer idea of the various strategic considerations that need to be addressed when preparing for negotiations;
• a heightened appreciation of the various resources available that individual negotiators can use to enhance their preparations for negotiations;
• a better awareness of the strategic considerations that need to be kept in mind when negotiating.
Contenu et structure
There will be four thematic sessions. They are divided as follows:
- Session 1 The strategic considerations that need to be addressed when preparing for multilateral negotiations including in the UN system
- Session 2 Negotiating from strength – keeping the eye on strategic considerations during negotiations
- Session 3 The broader environment in which the Geneva Chapter’s work in UNCTAD takes place
- Session 4 Key issues for developing countries including in the context of developing the post-2015 framework for development
The course is organized around brief presentations by experts and other practitioners, including resource speakers from UNCTAD, the South Centre, and UNITAR, and enhanced by interactive discussions after each presentation or group of presentations.
This course is intended to representatives of the States members of Group of 77 and China.
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues