Fundamentals of Anti-Money Laundering: International Standards and Compliance Issues (2013)
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
Nowadays, money laundering is gaining both national and international attention. Therefore, the pressure is increasing on institutions to comply with the money laundering regulations and take effective steps to combat money laundering. This course aims to provide basic money laundering training to both public and private sector officials in a better, quicker and more efficient way by making them familiar with many of the laws and regulations now enhanced to deter money laundering. It will give a holistic overview of money laundering standards and issues, including definitions, various processes of money laundering, and impact of money laundering on international development.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• Discuss the basic concept of money laundering and its various processes;
• Identify the economic impacts of money laundering and terrorist financing on international development;
• Examine the efficiency of international standards to combat money laundering and terrorist financing;
• Summarize the legal requirements and preventive measures to be adopted by developing countries to combat money laundering;
• Analyze a case study on UK regulatory regime to combat money laundering and make necessary arguments; and
• Discuss the various international measures to combat terrorist financing and incorporate the compliance and implementation of the FATF recommendations into their laws.
Contenu et structure
The course consists of the following modules:
• Module 1: An Introduction to Money Laundering
• Module 2: National and International Response to Money Laundering
• Module 3: Criminalisation of Money Laundering
• Module 4: Anti-Money Laundering and UK Regulatory Regime (Case Study)
• Module 5: International Measures to Combat Terrorist Financing
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
The intended audience includes ministries of finance, other government officials working on financial issues, financial institutions, law firms, staff from both the private and in-house practice like staff of central banks, commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, multinational corporations, accountancy firms, and consultancy firms.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues