Introduction to International Intellectual Property Law (2014)
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
This UNITAR online course on international intellectual property law is a foundation course developed to provide participants with an introduction to the increasingly important area of intellectual property law. Intellectual property refers generally to creations of the mind that can be made into tangible objects, such as literary and artistic works, inventions, symbols, names, images and designs. Intellectual property law is the corresponding set of laws that protect the creators of these works. In our highly globalized economy, many enterprises are engaging in international commerce on some level. A significant number of companies have foreign subsidiaries or affiliates, and even purely domestic entities can become involved in international transactions in a variety of ways. Often, intellectual property assets will be a component of such international transactions. As globalization increases and national boundaries become more penetrable, there will be a corresponding need for well-developed knowledge regarding international intellectual property law.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Define in a very clear manner the role of intellectual property in the modern economy;
- Discuss the fundamentals of copyright protection and the laws pertaining thereto;
- Examine the fundamentals of patent law in the international community; and
- Explain the trademark law, what can be trademarked, and the various treaties and conventions which cover the law in the international realm.
Contenu et structure
The course will comprise the following modules
- Module 1: Understanding Intellectual Property Law
- Module 2: Copyrights
- Module 3: Patents
- Module 4: Trademarks
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
This foundation course is designed for professionals from all sectors and professions, including: government, public finance, investment, trade, corporate finance, project management, treasury, as well as academic circles and civil society.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
Recommended hardware and software requirements for taking our e-learning courses:
- Platform: Windows XP sp3, Vista sp2, Windows 7 sp1, MacOS X.
- Hardware: 2 GB of RAM and higher for Vista and Windows 7.
- Software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat Reader (downloadable for free at adobe.com).
- Browser: Internet Explorer 8 or higher; Mozilla Firefox 8 or higher.
- Internet connection: 128kbps and higher.
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues