Leadership, Team Work and Team Management [PTP.2014.10E]
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The unique working environment of peace operations requires a specific set of skills and knowledge for successful mandate’s implementation. The mission’s structure involves the cooperation of many individuals that come from a variety of cultural, political, religious and educational backgrounds. Despite the broad range of personalities involved in a peace operation, all individuals work towards a common goal. To achieve an efficient and productive collaborative effort, leadership, team work and team management skills are essential.
But(s) de l'évènement
The goal of this course is to provide participants with an overview of theories and practices related to leadership, teamwork and team management, applicable to the specific context of a peace operation.
- Apply theories of leadership and team management in the context of a peace operation;
- Summarize features of effective leadership;
- Utilize techniques for effective team building and team work;
- Identify personal strengths as a leader and the areas of potential development;
- Apply conflict management and problem solving skills.
Contenu et structure
- Module 1: Introduction to management
- Module 2: Effective leadership
- Module 3: Team building, team management and team work
- Module 4: Problem diagnosing and problem solving
The course is designed for national and regional military and police personnel of every rank and function serving or interested in serving in peace operations.
- Have a sound understanding of the structure and functioning of a peace operation;
- Have a university degree in a relevant area with proven interest in the specific topic covered by the course (BA or equivalent) or the equivalent working experience in a relevant field (2 to 4 years);
- Have good command of English language (reading and writing);
- Be computer literate.
Please note that UNITAR PTP fellowships are awarded only to a small numbers of applicants from the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and are not differed or transferred to another course. You might wish to refer the UN-OHRLLS list by clicking here.
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X; Linux
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space
- Browser: Internet Explorer 7 or higher (click here to download for free); it works better with Firefox 3.6 or higher (click here to download for free)
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues