Post-2015 Development Orientation and Briefing Programme V Geneva
Public visé spécifique:
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 19 Mai 2014
Given the complexity and number of processes that will contribute to the development of the Post-2015 Development Agenda, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is organizing a series of interactive technical briefings for members of delegations, other government officials and a limited number of international civil servants at the Palais des Nations in Geneva. The overall objective of the briefings is to strengthen knowledge for evidence-based decision making in the formulation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda to be agreed by Member States in September 2015.
But(s) de l'évènement
The series will feature around 10 different sessions, and will
- Assist participants to access the most up-to-date and essential information coming from the numerous processes that will contribute to the Post-2015 agenda, and key outcomes of ongoing Member States’ discussions in various fora, as well as allowing newly arrived delegates to ‘catch up’;
- Provide a dynamic and interactive space where delegates can exchange views on the Post-2015 development agenda and have a more in-depth discussion, as needed.
The briefings will be facilitated by prominent experts and involve peer-to-peer learning and active involvement of members of delegations. An online resource platform will also be available to support the learning experience.
Contenu et structure
Briefing 5 "Environmental Sustainability"
- Mr. Jan Dusik, Director, UNEP Regional Office for Europe
- Mr. Wondwosen K. Asnake, UNEP Regional Office for Europe
- Mr. George Deikun, Director, UN Habitat Geneva Office
- Mr. Neil McFarlane, Chief, Regional Programmes and DRR Coordination, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR)
- Mr. Thierry Lucas, Programme Officer, UNEP Liaison Office to the European Union
Members of Delegations and other government representatives at the United Nations who would like to improve their knowledge of and access to the most-up-to-date information of the intergovernmental process. A number of seats will be available for international civil servants to participate as observers provided they have received a confirmation of registration.
Date and Time: Tuesday, 20 May 2014,10:00-12:30 and 15:00-17:30,
Venue:Kazakh Room (Cinema XIV), Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland
The event is free and open to the delegates to the United Nations. Prior online registration is required.
For more information: www.unitar.org/post2015briefing
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues