Techniques and Procedures in International Environmental Law (February 2014)
Durée de l'évènement:
Page d'accueil du programme:
Event focal point email:
Autres infos sur l'évènement:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 14 Mars 2014
But(s) de l'évènement
The overall goal of this course is to provide participants with a comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and procedures to further improve compliance and enforcement of international environmental obligations at the national level. These obligations are acquired by States through the signature of Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) which are necessary for effective global environmental protection.
- Identify the environmental regulatory measures that are necessary to avoid environmental harm and reduce or eliminate environmental risk.
- Identify the objectives, requirements, scope and content of environmental impact assessment procedures.
- Identify the purposes and utility of licensing and permit systems.
- Differentiate between different kinds of economic measures aimed at protecting the environment.
- Identify the public’s procedural right in environmental decision-making.
- Identify the main techniques available to ensure the implementation and formulation of environmental law.
- Develop an understanding of the non-compliance and enforcement procedures of MEAs.
- Identify the techniques or/and procedures in IEL that can be applied to a given case study.
Contenu et structure
The e-Course on Techniques and Procedures in IEL is the third course of the UNITAR Series of e-Learning Courses on IEL and it can be taken separately from the other courses of the Series. However, participants are advised to follow course 1 in order to make the most of course 3 content.
The course design allows participants to actively interact with their peers and the moderator. Guided discussion forums are organized on selected topics to allow experience and knowledge sharing. Participants also have the opportunity to work with practical examples, analysing case studies and conducting short research.
This course is designed for government officials from ministries of the environment, agriculture, forests, water, tourism and foreign affairs. It also targets international civil servants, NGO representatives, judges, prosecutors and lawyers working in the fields of environmental law/management, international relations/politics and sustainable development. Additionally, it is directed at academics, private sector professionals and graduates interested in specializing in International Environmental Law.
Certificates: Participants who successfully complete all the course activities and assessments will receive a Certificate of Participation issued by UNITAR.
- Public - Sur Inscription
- Public - Candidature
- Privé - sur Invitation
- Open to register/apply
- Face à face
Toutes les langues