Introduction to peace operations [PTP.2013.09E]
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 10 March 2013
Define the framework of UN peacekeeping operations;
Explain the procedures for the establishment of a UN peacekeeping operation;
Analyze the key factors that enable the effective implementation of an operation's mandate;
Summarize key standards of conduct and discipline for UN peacekeepers.
Content and Structure
Module 1: Overview of a UN peacekeeping operation
Module 2: Establishment and functioning of a UN peace operation
Module 3: Effective mandate implementation
Module 4: Standards and values of UN peacekeepers
Please note that UNITAR PTP fellowships are awarded only to a small numbers of applicants from the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and are not differed or transferred to another course. You might wish to refer the UN-OHRLLS list by clicking here.
- Platform: Windows 95, 98, 2000, NT, ME, XP or superior; MacOS 9 or MacOS X.
- Hardware: 64 MB of RAM, 1 GB of free disk space.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (download for free at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html).
- Adobe Flash Player (download for free at http:/get.adobe.com/flashplayer)
- Microsoft Office (Windows or Apple version) or Open Office (download for free at http://www.openoffice.org )
- Modem: 56 K
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery