Open Forum II: Creativity in Industry
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
The registration is closed
Deadline for registration: 22 July 2014
The promotion of the attributes and qualities of products is one of the key capabilities of the sectors and activities that are part of the so-called creative economy that integrates culture, creativity and knowledge into products, services and processes.
"Storytelling" is a tool that has gained importance in the era of information overload as it consists in telling an interesting story, one of the most effective ways to get someone's attention. When storytelling is used strategically, it can express a single real story of a company or a product, creating a close relationship between the company and the customer. A good story shows the great advantage that the company brings to the consumer's life.
The workshop aims to bring together business representatives and government officials from the Londrina region to learn about their experiences on how they maintain interactions with local creative and cultural firms and professionals to add value to local brands, products and processes.
It will also provide entrepreneurs with storytelling techniques focusing on product, services and process planning, as well as branding, providing the participant with knowledge about how a creative activity such as storytelling can become a powerful driver of value added products, while improving the performance of the local industry.
- Identify design and storytelling tools to streamline product planning and recognize opportunities for action on how to add value to products of territory.
- Recognize the principles of design and transmedia storytelling and how these enable a positive environment for innovation, on the basis of sustainable development.
Content and Structure
The workshop consists of the following sessions:
- Panel with government officers
- Panel discussion with representatives from different industries
- Presentation and practical activities on storytelling and transmedia
The methodology includes short presentations and engaging discussions, structured presentations by experts and industry leaders, practical exercises and working groups to encourage networking and exchage of ideas for innovation.
- Business reresentatives and entrepreneurs from Londrina and the region
- Industrial managers and business unions from Londrina and the surrounding region
- Managers from government and public planning agencies and economic development
- Planning and production managers
- Professionals from different creative industries
- Technical and consultants from SESI-PR
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery