Redefining Leadership in the Knowledge Economy
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Event focal point Contact Number:
Other events details:
This seminar aims at enabling strategic knowledge creation and sharing, focusing on suitable competencies required to lead innovation and change. We will examine how people shape and share ‘knowledge’ especially by the use of networks and new collaborative methods, thus providing opportunities for participants to find answers they can put into practice, to some of the complex problems, encouraging the use of innovative solutions, collaborative approaches and social media.
At the end of the seminar, participants will be able to
- Formulate a case for launching new strategic directions for information and knowledge services;
- Appraise how important collaboration is for innovation;
- Develop techniques for enhancing teamwork and building effective networks;
- Determine the first steps in developing a personal plan to expand the competencies needed to develop their career.
Content and Structure
Day one – Understanding the new leadership challenges (14 October 2014)
The seminar will use a mixture of teaching approaches including the use of case studies, classroom discussions, team projects, video-conferencing and collaboration methods. Participants will have an opportunity to have individual coaching on developing a knowledge strategy for their organization and on competencies required to make it a success.
The primary intended beneficiaries of this seminar are:
- Delegates and representatives of UN-member countries.
- Government and Ministry Officials, Central Bank Staff, Finance and Trade Officials.
- Decision-makers, managers, and information professionals in leadership role from government institutions and the private sector.
- NGO and Civil Society Representatives.
- Understand the new approaches required of management and leadership in the 21st century;
- Develop an awareness of the new competencies needed to cope with the increased complexity in the workplace and the importance of collaboration and knowledge sharing;
- Position you strategically within your organization to play a significant role in improving organizational effectiveness through the better use of information and knowledge.
- Informed management and action ideas in the use of knowledge for innovation and change;
- Cultivate informed leaders who can maximize an organization’s success by staying abreast of knowledge based developments;
- Leverage your organization’s knowledge assets to improve organizational effectiveness.
The seminar will take place at:
[Download Seminar Brochure, PDF, 2MB]
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery