Basic Course on Public Debt Management (2012)
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 18 ноября 2012
Public debt management is the process of establishing and executing a strategy for managing a governments' debt in order to raise the required amount of funding, achieve its risk and cost objectives, and to meet any other debt management goals that a government may have set, such as developing and maintaining an efficient market for government securities. This course provides an overview of public debt management by explaining concepts in a user-friendly language, avoiding mathematics and using simple illustrations and country examples. The objective of the course is to explain in layman's language - based on UNITAR's considerable past experience and prior trainings - concepts and techniques of public debt management. Besides overall concepts, this course will provide in-depth understanding of debt sustainability issues, an appreciation of public debt management in the budgetary context, explain facets of external and domestic public borrowing, and introduce participants to the meaning and implication of contingent liability and risk management.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• State in simple terms the meaning of public debt;
• Describe the aspects of domestic and external debt;
• Explain the basic and advanced concepts in public debt management; and
• Determine the implications of contingent liability and risk management.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following modules:
• Module 1: Overview of Public Debt
• Module 2: Basic Debt Concepts
• Module 3: Domestic Debt
• Module 4: External Debt
• Module 5: Contingent Liabilities
• Module 6: The Budgetary Framework
• Module 7: Restructuring Public Debt
• Module 8: Managing Public Debt
• Module 9: Monitoring Organizational and Legal Issues in Public Debt Management
• Module 10: Advanced Concepts in Public Debt Management
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
The target audience for this course includes debt managers and practitioners of finance in different parts of the world.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте