Capital Market Development & Regulation - Advanced Course (2012)
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 15 июня 2012
This advanced course builds on the basic course on Capital Market Development & Regulation and will provide practical insight into the entire spectrum of activities that relate to the buying and selling of financial instruments. It is designed to provide participants with working knowledge of the importance of capital markets to domestic economic growth and the role and responsibilities of government and other sectors to foster such development. We will spend less time discussing why there are problems in market development and much more time discussing what we can do to improve market growth. The principal direction of this course is to go from where we are and to build upon our strengths, rather than dwell on past problems and failures. Experience in prior training has shown that dialogue between public and private sector representatives is highly beneficial to an understanding of respective interests and concerns. We therefore encourage participation by the government sector, academic institutions and think tanks, and financial regulatory bodies, as well as private sector companies.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• Discuss the challenges of capital markets in light of the current financial crisis;
• Explain the relevance of capital markets to domestic economic growth;
• Describe the role and responsibilities of government and other sectors in promoting growth and development;
• Propose and defend measures aimed at addressing economic growth, employment opportunities, and a solid tax base; and
• Determine the extent of officials' compliance on transparency, accountability, disclosure policies, and accounting standards in financial market development.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following modules:
• Module I: Public and Private Sector Competency
• Module II: Enlarging Investment Opportunities
• Module III: Encouraging Issuer Offerings
• Module IV: Hot Issues in Capital Markets
• Module V: Corporate Control Shifts: Friendly and Otherwise
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
This course is targeted to officials of government ministries and agencies directly involved in capital market matters like state banks, state pension and retirement funds and state Insurance funds, foreign investment officers, representatives of securities exchanges and staff members of supervising agencies. Private sector participants such as brokers, lawyers, accountants, company directors, and trade organization officers will also benefit from this course.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте