LPHM - Expert Meeting on Understanding the Underlying Philosophies and Psychological Causes of Extremism
Due to isolated incidents within Europe and abroad, there is a growing concern in most countries and cities concerning polarization, radicalization and extremism. Governments and other relevant groups are looking at how to prevent this spectrum of phenomena through raising awareness, improving communication, strengthening coordination and collective understanding of how such processes unfold.
a better understanding and collective sensitization regarding polarization and violent radicalization;
a plan of action to counter frustrations which may lead to radicalization including concrete steps to fight racism and xenophobia, and reducing unemployment levels in particular of young persons; increasing “moral resistance” of individuals, groups and relevant communities;
support to specific support networks in their efforts to counter radicalism including: local actors, police, parents, youth representatives, medical sector, religious communities, etc.;
countering calls to radicalization over the Internet; and
prevention and de-radicalization in prisons.Underlying these axes are a commitment to: voluntary participation; confidence and mutual respect; and priority to local actors and/or civil society including religious entities.
The main objectives of this LPHM Expert Meeting are the following:
- Build on the findings of a Belgian Conference on preventing violent radicalization, taking place on 23-24 September, by taking the findings further with an international team of experts and field practitioners;
- Outline the principal factors leading to radicalization (building on the above Meeting);
- Share available evidence/data from different cities and regions, globally;
- Draw out early warning signals from specific incidents across different cities and regions;
- Share experiences on how LRAs can mitigate related factors through timely examples;
- Map out existing and required support roles in Belgium, of: community leaders; non-governmental sector; and public services.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте