National Planning Workshop on Developing a National Strategy to Strengthen Human Resource Capacities and Skills to Advance Green, Low Emission and Climate Resilient Development in Indonesia
Indonesia is one of five pilot countries that implement a UN CC:Learn Project on Strengthening Human Resources and Skills to Address Climate Change in 2011-2013. The projects aim at supporting countries in taking a strategic and long-term approach to climate change learning with the ultimate goal to mainstream climate change learning within existing learning systems. They are directly linked to, and make a contribution to the implementation of Article 6 of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the UNFCCC Capacity Development Framework.
An important first output of each country project is the development of National Strategy to Strengthen Human Resources and Skills to Advance Green, Low Emission and Climate Resilient Development through multi-sectoral and multi-stakeholder collaboration. The Strategy seeks to identify, through a country driven process, short and medium term action to strengthen learning and skills development. The National Planning Workshop provides an opportunity to discuss the UN CC:Learn project with concerned government sectors and interested organizations and sets the stage for the development of the National Strategy.
The overall goal of the National Planning Workshop is to conceptualize and develop a road map for the UN CC:Learn project, and to undertake specific planning for the development of the National Strategy. Specific workshop objectives include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a common understanding of the UN CC:Learn project and its objectives
- Taking stock of national and international initiatives relevant for the project
- Agreeing on the Terms of Reference (TOR) and work plan for developing the National Strategy
- Identifying key actors that should be engaged in developing the National Strategy
- Exploring opportunities to engage national educational and technical and vocational training institutions.
The workshop will feature presentations from the National Council on Climate Change (DNPI), Ministry of Forestry, Academicia/University, and representatives from the UN CC:Learn Secretariat (Geneva) and the UN Country Team in Indonesia. In addition, there will also be group discussions on planning aspects of developing the National Strategy. Through interactive panel discussions, government, civil society, private sector, as well as education and technical and vocational training institutions will have an opportunity to provide their perspectives on existing initiatives and related opportunities and challenges.
The National Planning Workshop brings together government agencies, scientists, private-sector as well as representatives from non-government organizations and development partners with an interest in climate change capacity development and learning. Participants include representatives from:
- Government of Indonesia Ministries, and Agencies
- Provincial and District Authorities
- Education and Vocational Training Institutions
- Private Sector Institutions
- Civil Society and Media
- Development Partners (UN agencies, bi-lateral agencies, etc.)
UN CC:Learn, is a collaboration of 32 multilateral development partners with the aim to strengthen human resources, learning and skills development in Member States through country driven processes. It is included in the "One UN Climate Change Action Framework" of the UN System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) through the High Level Committee on Programmes (HLCP). The Secretariat is provided by UNITAR. The pilot implementation phase of UN CC:Learn in 2011-2013 is supported by the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC).
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте