UNDP/UNITAR e-Learning course on Negotiation of Financial Transactions
This course is designed for officials and other participants who are involved in the structuring and negotiation of financial transactions between developing and emerging African countries and their external sources of financing. The absence of consolidated capital markets in the region, the scarcity of development assistance, enhanced conditionality, and a plethora of trade and financial documentation require government officials and negotiators to augment their preparation. That is, they need to better understand the workings of international financial markets, the rules and practices of international finance as well as the various providers of funds themselves. This course will allow the participant to understand the global negotiating environment, prepare for multilateral, plurilateral and bilateral negotiation situations as well as weigh the relative advantages and disadvantages of a particular financial offer.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate familiarity with the global negotiating environment;
• Describe the main characteristics of international financial markets and financial flows;
• Recognize which source of funds caters to a particular purpose; and
• Appraise the contribution of lawyers in financial transactions.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following modules:
• Module 1: International financial transactions and development issues.
• Module 2: Multilateral negotiations: debt, aid and international financial transactions.
• Module 3: Regulation and resolution of international financial transactions.
• Module 4: Case Study Exercise.
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
The course is designed primarily for African public sector officials, policymakers, negotiators, as well as academics and civil society representatives involved in negotiations of financial transactions.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNDP and UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully.
UNDP and UNITAR reserve the right to make a selection among candidates, if necessary. The selected candidates are requested to regard their participation as a firm commitment and to complete the course in its entirety.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте