Workshop on the Structure, Drafting and Adoption of United Nations Resolutions
Specific Target Audience:
Deadline for application: 18 мая 2010
An average of 10,000 international meetings take place yearly, from summits of Heads of State and Government to informal working groups, at the United Nations and other regional organizations. The diplomat new to any multilateral posting may be overwhelmed by the volume of work and interaction during these meetings, and especially by the processes of drafting and negotiating conference outcomes.
The workshop will help participants improve their skills in resolution-drafting and enable them to acquire a better understanding of the procedure and practices for decision-making at the United Nations, thereby equipping them to effectively represent their State, government or organization in the multilateral conference context.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
• Understand the specific structure of UN resolutions;
• Identify the rules of procedure involved in drafting and adopting resolutions;
• Draft a resolution.
• Use rules in multilateral meetings more effectively.
Содержание и структура
The workshop spans over four days from 10:00 to 13:00, and will include:
• May 25: Structure and numbering of UN resolutions and decisions; introduction to the drafting
• May 26: Drafting exercise
• May 27: Overview of exercise; introduction to 2nd drafting exercise
• May 28: Overview of 2nd exercise; rules and practices for resolution adoption and drafting
The workshop will consist of three parts. The first will be devoted to a presentation on the structure and drafting of resolutions and decisions. During the second part, the participants will be involved in practical drafting exercises (please note that they will be given home assignments that require a significant amount of preparation time). The last part will focus on decision-making in the various organs of the United Nations and on the steps leading to the adoption of resolutions. Participants will be eligible to receive a certificate after the successful completion of the workshop.
The workshop is open to members of Permanent Missions accredited to the United Nations Office at Geneva, and intergovernmental and nongovernmental organizations.
UNITAR reserves the right to make a selection among candidates, if necessary. The selected candidates are requested to regard their participation as a firm commitment and to attend the workshop in its entirety. Please do not apply if you think you may not be able to attend all meetings.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте