Fundamentals of the Bond Market (2013)
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 5 мая 2013
The debt market, made up of the money market and the bond market, is an important element of the financial system. The bond market, on which this course will focus, is usually seen as the market for long-term marketable debt instruments (i.e. bonds) and the money market as the market for short-term marketable debt instruments, such as commercial paper (CP) and treasury bills (TBs). The bond market can be described as the mechanism and/or conventions that exist for the issue of, investing in, and the trading of marketable instruments that represent the long-term undertakings (usually of a fixed capital nature) of the issuers. This course will expose participants to the broad financial system in the context of the bond market and discuss the specific structure, instruments, mathematics and other tools of the bond market in greater detail.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Distinguish between a bond market and a money market;
- Describe the various instruments and tools of the bond market;
- Name the five groups of bond market issuers and the investor groups;
- Determine the existing bond market organisational structure in their respective countries; and
- Estimate the time value of money.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Bond market: Context and Essence
- Module 2: Bond market: Issuers and Investors
- Module 3: Bond market: Instruments
- Module 4: Bond market: Organisational Structure
- Module 5: Bond market: Mathematics
- Module 6: Bond market: Tools
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
The intended audience includes persons involved in the financial sector, such as private sector bankers, central bankers, members of securities exchanges, dealers, financial market analysts, economists, company treasury managers, and government treasury officials.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте