OECD/STATEC/UNITAR: Statistics, Knowledge and Policy: Understanding Societal Change
The registration is closed
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Recognize the role of statistics in the democratic decision making process;
- Demonstrate that progress of societies can be measured beyond GDP;
- Compare the meaning of 'well being' across societies;
- Describe the different ways to think about progress and to measure progress; and
- Discuss how to turn statistics into knowledge.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following four modules:
- Module 1: General introduction to Measuring the Progress of Societies
- Module 2: What to measure: progress and its dimensions
- Module 3: How to measure progress
- Module 4: Ensuring that measures are used
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
This course is aimed at all those who have an interest in increasing the use of evidence in public debate and policy making, either in the developed or developing world. The target audience will include:
- Researchers (economists and statisticians) who want to learn methods to measure overall societal progress and its multiple dimensions;
- Practitioners (from national and local governments, NGOs, etc.) who want to know how to implement progress initiatives;
- Policy makers with an interest in developing, or using, sets of progress measures to improve decision making; and
- Media and others who want to communicate information to citizens.
A certificate of completion will be issued jointly by UNITAR, STATEC and OECD to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте