Fundamentals of Corporate Governance (2013)
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 14 июня 2013
The current global financial crises has brought to the fore the pertinence of corporate governance issues across industrialized, emerging and developing economies alike. Corporations play a valuable role in our communities and in nations around the world. Good Corporate Governance is a union between the financial and personal success of a corporation. Strong profits and good business practices: these two concepts are integrally related and not disconnected from each other. The issues relating to the relationships between shareholders, management and the board of directors in corporations go to the heart of the differences in financial systems around the world. By giving an overview of the scope, trends and developments in this area of finance, and looking more closely at common corporate failures and probable solutions, the participant will be equipped with the analytical skills and technical insights required to understand and evaluate different approaches to structuring the ownership, control and regulation of corporations. This course in corporate governance will provide a sound foundation in the fundamental characteristics of the concept.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with the concept of corporate governance;
- Discuss issues on public and private policies and regulations;
- Identify the relationship between and among shareholders, management and the board of directors in corporations given a particular financial system;
- Analyze the different regulatory models of conduct for corporate entities; and
- Recommend corporate governance with universal relevance.
Содержание и структура
This course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Introduction to the Study of Good Corporate Governance
- Module 2: Governing Instruments: Statutes, Articles, Bylaws and Agreements
- Module 3: The Role of Equity
- Module 4: The Board of Directors
- Module 5: Officers
- Module 6: Shareholders
- Module 7: The Professional "Gate-Keepers"
- Module 8: The Duty of Care
- Module 9: The Duty of Loyalty
- Module 10: Enforcement of Corporate Governance Standards
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
This foundation course is primarily designed for professionals in the spheres of government, public and private finance sector development, investment, trade, corporate, treasury, and banking. Professionals from public, private, civil society and academic circles will all benefit from this compact and practical course.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте