Fundamentals of Business Finance
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 7 июля 2013
This course is designed for both officials and businessmen who are interested in learning the basics of investments and finance as needed in a modern environment. It represents a departure from available academic courses as it is directly centred on the typical challenges that are faced every day by officials involved with trade promotion and business development as well as young entrepreneurs.
It covers, in intuitive plain language, basic concepts needed to understand modern finance for enterprises in a normal and efficient business environment. From modern and practical perspectives, it covers notions of finance and accounting sufficient to understand balance sheets, short and long-term credit, equity and investments, cash as well as sustainable profits, return to shareholders, areas of financial risks and available insurances. It also provides an idea where to look for sources of funds, what to ask and finally understand offers and contracts.
This practical course on the fundamentals of business finance will allow participants to face all those business situations in which finance plays a role, let it be for starting a business, acquiring a production tool or contributing to the promotion of a country business environment. It also helps participants to understand and act at present times when the global finance is going through critical times.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Explain with accuracy the main issues relating to modern business finance such as but not limited to, starting a business, acquiring a production tool, or contributing to the promotion of a country business environment;
- Identify the essential accounting needs including the preparation of cash flow, profit and loss, balance sheets, and the basics of forecasting, target and ratios;
- Interpret financial, economic, and social results;
- Analyze existing financial needs - short vs. long-term credit, equity, investments, cash as well as sustainable profits, return to shareholders, areas of financial risks and available insurances, financing tools, and banking products; and
- Analyze a presentation and business plan with strategies on how to deal with banks, or develop a plan on how to renegotiate existing contracts.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following modules:
Module 1: Understanding and planning a business and its financial implications
Module 2: Examining financial options and identifying sources of finance
Module 3: Dealing with financial institutions
Module 4: Financial results, economic, social Results: protective measures to weather the crisis
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
This course is designed for private sector managers and entrepreneurs in industrial as well developing countries, government officials, typically at ministry of trade, finance, economy and/or planning levels, diplomats and trade representatives, and national and international experts involved in trade and finance negotiations.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте