Orientation Course on the Security Council for Members of the Council
Specific Target Audience:
Shortly after the election of the five new members of the Security Council, their representatives will need to become thoroughly familiar with the issues before the Council and its methods of work, so that they may be ready to start their mandate on 1 January 2013. This intensive two-day orientation course aims at providing such information to the new delegates.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the functions, practices and procedures of the Security Council;
- Identify and assess the main issues before the Council;
- Determine the role of the President of the Council and informal consultationsContrast the decision-making processes of the regional groups for endorsing candidates
- Appraise and assess the trade-offs and risks of engaging in a campaign
Содержание и структура
Participants will be reviewing the functions, practices and procedures of the Security Council. They will also be briefed on the main issues before the Council and on the role of the President of the Council and informal consultations. The orientation course will be highly intensive and will require the active involvement of all the participants throughout the course.
The orientation course is designed primarily for representatives of newly-elected members of the Security Council, as well as newly-arrived representatives of other members of the Council and representatives of member states aspiring to be elected as a member of the Security Council in the near future (2013-2018). Depending on the availability of seats, delegates from other States may attend as observers.
The course participation fee is 375 USD. Diplomats from least developed countries (LDCs) and developing countries are eligible to apply for a fellowship. If you wish to apply for a fellowship (fee-waiver), please contact the UNITAR New York Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) upon completion of online registration.
All participants who successfully complete the workshop will receive a UNITAR Certificate of Completion.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте