Public Funds and their Auditing
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 21 июня 2013
The training program offers an outlook on the role and functioning of financial control – in association with the management of public funds and the implementation of fiscal policy. The curriculum gives a comprehensive picture of the connection of public politics and the functioning of public finance, the audit of ensuring resources and of the realization of the expenditures – the financing of the central budget. The four subjects embrace the tasks, general function, the characteristics of the institutional system, the general transparency and accountability criteria and their respective guarantees concerning the financial operation; the tasks of the national and international organizations of financial control, its stabilizing role, the typical institutional models of state control, its institutions, the audit types carried out by them as well as the utilization of the experiences gained. Additionally it explains the role of financial audit in enhancing the security of global and regional cooperation as well as the institutionalized organizational solutions of the above. The work of financial management organizations and their control organs appears to be particularly topical in light of the current global financial and economic crisis.
At the end of the course, the participants should be able to:
- Define the role of the state and public politics in realizing the goals of fiscal policy and public funds management;
- Name and explain the basic criteria of transparency and accountability of public funds;
- Recognize “good governance” practices in managing the central budget;
- Explain with precision the internal and external financial control mechanisms and management of public funds;
- Manage the implementation of technical and methodological solutions and techniques of fiscal policy and control; and
- Determine effective financial management and audit schemes that may minimize corruption of public funds and stabilize the role of global professional organizations in managing public funds.
Содержание и структура
The course consists of the following modules:
- Module 1: Principles of the functioning of public funds management
- Module 2: The functioning of the public finance system
- Module 3: The implementation of fiscal policy and the control
- Module 4: The mission of financial audit in the global world of the 21st century burdened by crises
In order to ensure the best possible outreach, the course will be delivered through e-learning. Through a multiple-instructional setting, the goal is to achieve the learning objectives by means of learning technologies that match personal learning styles and by the inclusion of non-linear learning that aims at the development of just-in-time skills of adult learners. At the same time, in order to allow participants maximum flexibility of scheduling , the learning will be conducted in an asynchronous manner. Using a state-of-the-art training architecture, UNITAR will combine self-learning with assessments and online discussions. The pedagogy - adapted specifically to professionals in full-time work - will help train participants through various experiences: absorb (read); do (activity); interact (socialize); reflect (relate to one’s own reality).
Potential beneficiary audience/institutions include government officials, auditors of the governmental sector, financial experts, faculty, university/college students.
A certificate of completion will be issued by UNITAR to all participants who complete the course-related assignments and assessments successfully. Course schedule is subject to change. Course fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another course or participant and subject to change as per UNITAR's policy on pricing.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте