Seminar on International Trade Law and Policy - July
Срок подачи заявки: 10 июля 2013
Today, the potential of international trade and the multilateral trading system to contribute to economic growth, development and employment is widely recognized. State members of the World Trade Organization (WTO) committed to a development agenda at its 4th Ministerial Conference held in Doha in November 2001, but the agenda remains yet to be concluded. At the conference, trade ministers adopted the “Doha Work Programme” and launched a new round of trade negotiations, placing the interests of developing countries at the heart of these negotiations with a view to facilitating their greater participation in the multilateral trading system.
- Explain the objectives and rules of the multilateral trading system and the WTO framework;
- Analyze key negotiation issues and negotiation modalities under the Doha Round;
- Identify and discuss issues that cut across different related areas, including environment, employment, gender, and development, etc.;
- Further develop their expertise to contribute positively to current trade-related duties and negotiations within the General Assembly and the Economic and Social Council.
The seminar takes place over three days, covering the following topics:
- WTO: legal framework, membership, decision-making processes and dispute settlement;
- Introduction to the international trading system;
- Select issues in the Doha Development Round;
- Cross-cutting issues related to trade, including trade and development, intellectual property, climate change and environmental sustainability, trade and employment, et cetera.
Содержание и структура
This seminar is facilitated by UNITAR, and features experts from WTO, the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs and other international and regional organizations. The seminar is conducted in a highly intensive manner, engaging participants through presentations, discussions and practical exercises. Participants also receive study materials to enhance their holistic understanding about WTO and international trade.
This seminar is intended for members of permanent missions to the United Nations in New York who are involved or interested in trade-related issues, and/or follow the work of the Second and Sixth Committees of the General Assembly. Depending on space availability, representatives of governments, the United Nations system and civil society may also attend.
The course participation fee is 600 USD. Diplomats from least developed countries (LDCs) and developing countries are eligible to apply for a fellowship. If you wish to apply for a fellowship (fee-waiver), please contact the UNITAR New York Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) upon completion of online registration.
Important: Participation will be confirmed once payment is received. Participants are required to make payment by credit card or wire transfer. UNITAR reserves the right to rescind an applicant's enrolment at any time in case of non-receipt of payment.
All participants who successfully complete the workshop will receive a UNITAR Certificate of Completion.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте