Techniques and Procedures in International Environmental Law
The registration is closed
Дата окончания регистрации: 26 октября 2014
The overall goal of this course is to provide participants with a comprehensive knowledge of the techniques and procedures to further improve compliance and enforcement of international environmental obligations at the national level. These obligations are acquired by States through the signature of Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) which are necessary for effective global environmental protection.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify the environmental regulatory measures that are necessary to avoid environmental harm and reduce or eliminate environmental risk.
- Identify the objectives, requirements, scope and content of environmental impact assessment procedures.
- Identify the purposes and utility of licensing and permit systems.
- Differentiate between different kinds of economic measures aimed at protecting the environment.
- Identify the public’s procedural right in environmental decision-making.
- Identify the main techniques available to ensure the implementation and formulation of environmental law.
- Develop an understanding of the non-compliance and enforcement procedures of MEAs.
- Identify the techniques or/and procedures in IEL that can be applied to a given case study.
Содержание и структура
The e-Course on Techniques and Procedures in IEL is the third course of the UNITAR Series of e-Learning Courses on IEL and it can be taken separately from the other courses of the Series. However, participants are advised to follow course 1 in order to make the most of course 3 content.
This Course is composed of following 7 interactive lessons:
Lesson 1: Regulatory Measures
Lesson 2: Environmental Impact Assessment
Lesson 3: Licensing and Permitting
Lesson 4: Economic Measures
Lesson 5: Public Participation
Lesson 6: Implementation and Compliance and
Lesson 7: Enforcement and Remedies.
Depending on the lesson, there is a slight variation of the amount of study time required. As an average, participants can expect to devote approximately 12 hours per week to review the course content and complete course activities.
This course is designed for government officials from ministries of the environment, agriculture, forests, water, tourism and foreign affairs. It also targets international civil servants, NGO representatives, judges, prosecutors and lawyers working in the fields of environmental law/management, international relations/politics and sustainable development. Additionally, it is directed at academics, private sector professionals and graduates interested in specializing in International Environmental Law.
Certificates: Participants who successfully complete all the course activities and assessments will receive a Certificate of Participation issued by UNITAR.
Technical Requirements: The course is delivered through UNITAR’s Virtual Learning Environment and participants will require a reliable internet connection throughout its duration. Consult the complete list of technical requirements here.
The Techniques and Procedures in International Environmental Law is the third course in the Series of Courses on International Environmental Law, which includes three other titles: Introduction to International Environmental Law ; International Environmental Governance; and, International Environmental Negotiations.
UNITAR offers 2 sessions of the Series per year, therefore the Series can be completed in one or more sessions. Upon the successful completion of the four courses, participants are entitled to receive a Certificate of Completion for the UNITAR Series of Courses on International Environmental Law. For additional information about the Series please click here.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте