Workshop on Structure, Drafting and Adoption of United Nations Resolutions
Specific Target Audience:
Срок подачи заявки: 3 октября 2012
While the Charter of the United Nations has often been regarded as the constitution of the Organization, resolutions adopted by its principal organs may be considered as its laws. Hence the need for accuracy, respect of the correct terminology and search for the proper expression. Over the years, United Nations resolutions have acquired a distinctive style. Furthermore, the rules relating to the adoption of resolutions have been supplemented by a number of practices. This workshop aims at providing thorough training on all these topics.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the structure and form of United Nations resolutions and decisions;
- Apply this improved understanding and enhanced skills when drafting resolutions;
- Distinguish the rules and practices relating to the adoption of resolutions
Содержание и структура
The workshop takes place over three days and contains the following modules:
- Presentation on the structure and drafting of resolutions and decisions;
- Drafting exercises;
- Discussion on decision-making in the various United Nations organs and the steps leading to the adoption of resolutions.
The workshop is conducted by Mr. Jean Gazarian, UNITAR Senior Fellow. Mr. Gazarian, who was for 18 years Director of the Division of General Assembly Affairs, has an extensive knowledge of the procedures and practices related to United Nations resolutions and decisions. In view of the limited duration of the workshop, active involvement of participants is required throughout the course.
The workshop is designed primarily for members of permanent missions in New York who are involved in the drafting of resolutions. Registration is limited to 40 persons.
Please note, that there is a course participation fee of 300 USD for participants who do not belong to the personnell of a permanent mission from a least developed country (LDCs) or a developing country. As this fee does not apply to all participants, you will no be charged at this time, but receive an email after having completed the registration with details about the payment process.
Important: Participation will be confirmed once payment is received. Participants are required to make payment by credit card or wire transfer. UNITAR reserves the right to rescind an applicant's enrolment at any time in case of non-receipt of payment.
All participants who successfully complete the workshop will receive a UNITAR Certificate of Completion.
- Открытое мероприятие - по регистрации
- Открытое мероприятие - по заявке
- Закрытое мероприятие - по приглашению
- Можно зарегистрироваться/подать заявку
- На месте