Workshop on Developing Results-based Action to Strengthen Human Resources, Learning and Skills to Advance Green, Low Emission and Climate Resilient Development in the Dominican Republic
Duration of event:
Event focal point email:
Other events details:
The Dominican Republic is one of five pilot countries that implement a UN CC:Learn Project on Strengthening Human Resources and Skills to Address Climate Change in 2011-2013. The projects aim at supporting countries in taking a strategic and results-oriented approach to climate change learning.
In February 2012, the National Climate Change Council of the Dominican Republic organized a National Planning Workshop for Phase 1 of the national UN CC:Learn Project which involves the development of a National Strategy to Strengthen Human Resources and Skills to Advance Green, Low Emission and Climate Resilient Development. At the workshop the main strategic lines and workplan of the Project were agreed upon with key actors in Government, civil society and international development partners.
Based on the results of a structured research process to identify required competencies and learning needs in various sectors, the next step in the Project involves the organization of the workshop on “Developing Results-based Action to Strengthen Human Resources, Learning and Skills to Advance Green, Low Emission and Climate Resilient Development”. The Workshop provides an opportunity to discuss and define priority action to strengthen learning and skills development with concerned Government sectors and other interested organizations.
Specific workshop objectives include to:
- Enhance skills of participants to design results-based action to enhance climate-change related learning
- Identify learning needs and sustainable learning approaches in selected priority sectors
- Develop specific learning interventions/workshops responding to professional priority needs
- Develop action to strengthen institutional capacities to deliver climate change learning through general education, technical and vocational education and training (TVET), and public education
- Explore modalities and partnerships for implementing the proposed action.
The workshop brings together key actors from Government and organizations outside of Government. Target groups include representatives from:
- National Government Ministries/agencies
- Government agencies at the sub-national and local level
- Educational and vocational training institutions
- Private sector institutions
- Civil society
- International development partners (UN agencies, bi-lateral agencies, etc.)
A Policy Briefing will take place on Tuesday, 2 May 2012 at the National Council of Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism (CNCCMDL) to present and review the workshop outcomes, to ensure that the proposed action is results-oriented and realistic, and to discuss the road map for preparing and launching the Strategy.
UN CC:Learn, is a collaboration of 32 multilateral organizations with the aim to strengthen human resources, learning and skills development in Member States through country driven processes. It is included in the "One UN Climate Change Action Framework" of the UN System Chief Executives Board for Coordination (CEB) through the High Level Committee on Programmes (HLCP). The Secretariat is provided by UNITAR. The pilot implementation phase of UN CC:Learn in 2011-2013 is supported by the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC).
- Public - by registration
- Public - by application
- Private - by invitation
- Open to register/apply
Mode of Delivery